Dr. Dolores Mora
Prior to becoming the home of Smiles of Katy Dentistry, 1419 Avenue D was known for Dr. James Williams' medical practice. The building was built in 1969 by Dr. Williams, originally as a pharmacy for Katy Medical Hospital that was to be built where the Katy Fire Station now stands. There were 3 treatment rooms and 1 very small waiting room capable of holding 4 patients at a time. Between 1995 and 2000, His practice closed due to his diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. Dr. Dolores Corona Mora bought 1421 Avenue D from Dr. James Williams in 2000 on a handshake and promissory note 100% financed by Dr. Williams himself; which was paid in full within 4 years. Dr. Williams and Dr. Mora had an agreement for her to handle the building with as much love and care as he did while practicing. The one story building was divided into 2 parts; One part for Dr. Mora's Dental/Orthodontics practice and one part continuing to rent out to Dr. Longie, a long time lessee of Dr. Williams, who later retired in 2004. In 2012, we welcomed a wonderful remodel allowing more room for patients to be seen. Over time, Dr. Mora discovered that it was in the best interest to the office to expand, bringing on the construction of our new 10,000 square foot building; One side being for Smiles of Katy Dentistry, General Dentistry and Orthodontics, and one side for an exciting Venue for old town Katy. With hard work and a supportive family, the building has now grown to its current state.